What is it?
Mutaflor® is a probiotic consisting of a friendly strain of Escherichia coli named E.coli Nissle 1917. It is one of the most clinically studied probiotics available on the market today.
What does it do?
How does it work?
- Normalizes stool frequency and consistency in BOTH diarrhea and constipation
- Reduces abdominal pain and cramps
Mutaflor® has the following several mechanisms of action:
Who is it for?
- •Adheres to the intestinal wall providing a barrier to pathogens
- •Prevents the growth of pathogens
- •Stimulates mucosal immune defense
- •Inhibits formation and excretion of pro-inflammatory cytokines
- •Helps digest carbohydrates
Mutaflor® is used for patients with ongoing symptoms of constipation, diarrhea or abdominal pain and cramps. Mutaflor® has been studied in other countries in patients with Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s, and IBS.
Who should not take Mutaflor?
Do not take Mutaflor® if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to E.coli strain Nissle 1917. A physician should be consulted prior to the use of Mutaflor® if pregnant or breast-feeding.
What is the dosage?
For ages 12 years and older, take 1 capsule a day for the first 4 days and take 2 capsules a day starting on day 5.